Category Archives: Новости

все актуальные новости

French Author Ernaux Wins Literature Nobel

French author Annie Ernaux has won this year’s Nobel Prize for literature.

The Nobel committee said Thursday that Ernaux was chosen for “the courage and clinical acuity with which she uncovers the roots, estrangements and collective restraints of personal memory.”

Her works include “La Place” (A Man’s Place), about her relationship with her father and “Les annees” (The Years), about French society from World War II to the present day.

The honor includes a $900,000 cash award.

The prizes for medicine, physics and chemistry were awarded earlier this week.  The Nobel Peace Prize is due to be announced Friday and the prize for economics on Monday.

Some information for this report came from The Associated Press, Agence France-Presse and Reuters.

Антикорупційні органи повідомили голові НБУ Шевченку та ще декільком особам про підозру

Факти в підозрі не стосуються періоду перебування чинного голови Нацбанку на посаді та виконання ним повноважень керівника центробанку, кажуть в САП

Історичний центр Одеси вже невдовзі можуть визнати культурною спадщиною ЮНЕСКО – Ткаченко

«Ми домовилися про застосування негайної процедури. Якщо вона буде зроблена, то в жовтні-листопаді має відбутися рішення»

Steinbeck’s Letter to Son on Love Goes on Sale

A tender and touching letter that author John Steinbeck penned to his teenage son, offering fatherly advice after the young man confided that he was in love for the first time, is going up for auction.

Boston-based RR Auction says the handwritten draft of a letter to his eldest son, Thomas — then 14 — shows the Of Mice and Men author’s empathy: He refused to dismiss it as puppy love.

“While this letter offers an intimate, private glimpse into Steinbeck’s family life, it also expresses his ideas about love with profundity and eloquence,” said Bobby Livingston, executive vice president of the auction house.

In the two-page letter, dated Nov. 10, 1958, the Nobel Literature Prize laureate told his son: “If you are in love — that’s a good thing — that’s about the best thing that can happen to anyone. Don’t let anyone make it small or light to you.”

Steinbeck, who won a Pulitzer for The Grapes of Wrath in 1940 and the Nobel in 1962 for a body of acclaimed work, showed he was no stranger to matters of the heart.

“The object of love is the best, and most beautiful. Try to live up to it,” he wrote. “If you love someone — there is no possible harm in saying so — only you must remember that some people are very shy and sometimes the saying must take that shyness into consideration.

“Girls have a way of knowing or feeling what you feel, but they usually like to hear it also,” he said. “It sometimes happens that what you feel is not returned for one reason or another — but that does not make your feeling less valuable and good.

“If it is right, it happens — The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away,” the California-born novelist wrote, signing his letter simply: “Love, Father.”

John Steinbeck died in 1968, and Thomas Steinbeck died in 2016.

The text of the letter has been published for worldwide audiences, including in 1989’s Steinbeck: A Life in Letters, by Penguin Books.

Legal wrangling over his estate has dragged on for decades. In 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court let stand a decision awarding Steinbeck’s stepdaughter $5 million in a family dispute over abandoned plans for movies of some of Steinbeck’s best-known works.

Thomas Steinbeck, a writer in his own right, fiercely defended his father’s work, adapting several of his father’s books for movies and launching legal efforts to protect the copyrights of his father and others.

У Мінагрополітики сподіваються, що спільно з міжнародними партнерами вдасться зберегти «зернову ініціативу»

Перший заступник міністра аграрної політики та продовольства України Тарас Висоцький сподівається, що спільно з міжнародними партнерами вдасться зберегти «зернову ініціативу». Про це він заявив в ефірі національного телемарафону.

«Наші міжнародні партнери – ООН і Туреччина – запевняють, що зроблять максимум, розуміючи всю важливість зернової ініціативи для глобальної продовольчої безпеки, для того, щоб вона продовжила функціонувати. Як написано в договорі, ще була автоматично продовжена ще на 120 днів», – сказав він, коментуючи повідомлення про складні переговори щодо «зернової ініціативи».

Висоцький нагадав, що Україна фактично підписала зернову угоду з міжнародними партнерами – ООН і Туреччиною.

«Звісно, альтернативні шляхи експорту не зупиняються. Ними продовжують експортувати, близько 3 млн тонн. Маю на увазі залізницю, автомобільний транспорт чи через річку Дунай. Але це запасний варіант. Все рівно «зернова ініціатива» є критично важливою, тому продовжуємо працювати. Сподіваємося, що спільно з міжнародними партнерами вдасться її вберегти», – додав заступник міністра.

Радник глави Офісу президента Михайло Подоляк в інтерв’ю виданню Bloomberg TV заявив про складні переговори щодо продовження роботи «зернового коридору» для експорту української агропродукції.

22 липня представники України та Росії підписали з ООН і Туреччиною окремі дзеркальні угоди, які спрямовані на розблокування експорту зерна з України на тлі глобальної продовольчої кризи, спричиненої повномасштабним вторгненням Росії на українську територію.

За даними Міністерства інфраструктури України на 21 вересня, за час дії «зернової ініціативи» з українських портів вийшло 185 суден з агропродукцією, яка була направлена до країн Азії, Європи та Африки.

21 вересня світові організації повідомили, що завдяки спільним зусиллям Глобальної кризової групи ООН та Чорноморської зернової ініціативи з України через Спільний координаційний центр вже експортували понад 3 мільйони тонн зерна та продуктів харчування.

 

Громадянина РФ Богдана Львова відрахували зі штату Верховного суду – наказ голови ВС

«Вважати Львова Богдана Юрійовича, суддю Верховного суду у Касаційному господарському суді таким, чиї повноваження судді припинено у зв’язку з встановленням факту набуття ним громадянства іншої держави»

Oscar Winners Chop Off Their Hair for Protesters in Iran

Oscar-winning actors Marion Cotillard and Juliette Binoche, as well as other French stars of screen and music, filmed themselves chopping off locks of their hair in a video posted Wednesday in support of protesters in Iran.

“For freedom,” Binoche said as she hacked a large handful of hair off the top of her head with a pair of scissors, before brandishing it in front of the camera.

The video, hashtagged HairForFreedom, comes with Iran engulfed by anti-government protests. They were sparked by the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini after her arrest for allegedly violating the Islamic Republic’s strict dress code.

The video of Cotillard, Binoche and dozens of other women cutting off locks of their hair was released on an Instagram account, “soutienfemmesiran” — which translates as “support women in Iran.”

“These women, these men are asking for our support. Their courage and their dignity obliges us,” said a post with the video.

“We have decided to respond to the appeal made to us by cutting — us too — some of these locks.”

Some of the other women who took part included actors Charlotte Rampling and Charlotte Gainsbourg, who was also filmed cutting off a lock of hair from the head of her mother, singer Jane Birkin.

До ранку 6 жовтня процедура нового пакету санкцій ЄС проти РФ буде офіційно затверджена

Єврокомісія 28 вересня запропонувала новий пакет санкцій проти Росії через проведені нею псевдореферендуми на окупованих українських територіях